Tuesday, December 19, 2017

バックパッキング旅行 with 尺

Although means hand's-breadth (I think I can see the palm and fingers), Henshall suggests thinking of it as a backpack.  This helps make a coherent story for mnemonics.

, noonish:   After sunrise, I backpack till around noon.
, swamp:    On my backpacking trip, I came to a wet swamp.
, translate:  On my backpacking trip (in a foreign land), I often had to translate words.
, explain:   "Sir, explain why you're smuggling rice stalks in your backpack."
, choose:    I use my hand to choose something from my backpack.
, exhaust:   I'm so exhausted I'm dropping things out of my backpack.
, station:     In this case, I think of 尺 as looking like a hitching post,
                           the station where I tie my horse. A good place to rest for
                           the night.  Story ends.



No comments:

Post a Comment