Wednesday, December 6, 2017

余: it's all just too much

means remainder or too much.  Maybe it's a broom sweeping out a shed, and there's way too much dirt remaining.  It helps my story here if I focus on it being too much dirt, so:

:  remove.  Remove the hills of dirt from that shed.  (掃除機, sweep-remove-machine, is a vacuum cleaner).
: diagonal, slant.  Put too much dirt in the dipper and it'll slant diagonally.
  route, road.  Move the dirt you swept up down the road.
: gradually.  Don't want to get caught dumping, so I gradually let dirt spill as I travel the intersection.
: confer/describe.  I'll put my hand on the dirt before conferring it on... you.
: paint.  Liquid black dirty stuff that looks like earth.  (The earth radical at the bottom is also in ink 墨).



No comments:

Post a Comment