Friday, May 5, 2017

Easy, easy reading, including ChokoChoko

I'm done with Rosetta, except for review (and helping my little boy, who's decided to play "that Japanese game").

I'm sick of my textbook.

I'm overwhelmed when I try to read チーズスイートホーム (Chi's Sweet Home) or listen to pretty much any audio or video.

Here are some things I've read so far.  They stretch me too much, but it's what I've got.

A few very short bits.  I've been able to find 4 little things to read from the now-defunct Great Chokochoko Library.  If anyone can find the rest, please let me know!  (Edit:  someone did!  All right!)  I had to look things up, but I could get through.  I especially liked the goldfish one.

金魚 (Goldfish) - 部屋 (The Room) - 走る名人 (Master Runner)
アルバイトをする (Working part-time)

Simple fairy tales at Wasabi -- Learn Japanese Online:  Jack and the Beanstalk, plus a few others.  It's easier than Tom Ray's Traditional Japanese Stories, which I intend to get to later.  Still a lot of looking at the vocab list.  I don't use the audio because it drives me crazy, but just read.  It's a nice feeling to get a complete sentence without struggling!  You'll need this phrase for all these fairy tales:  むかしむかし ("long ago" or "once upon a time").

But the truth is I need way more.  Any suggestions?  I'm thinking about writing my own -- but I'll need to get better at it first.  I'm guessing it'll be popular.

2 comments:

  1. The ChokoChoko PDF file with all the stories is still floating around - https://www.dropbox.com/s/20hlwag0daytbhy/chokochoko%20collection.pdf?dl=0

    ReplyDelete