Thursday, March 22, 2018

漢字を仕上げろ -- 第1節

At this point, I'm left with some 40 kanji that don't easily fit with groupings I've made so far.

I could use Kanshudo -- they have mnemonics, sort of arbitrary rather than the kind that use authentic parts authentically and make as much sense as possible -- but I can't find a way to make a page of the ones I want:  I can make flashcards, but only if I pay them.  So if it's going to be arbitrary mnemonics, I'll just do my own.  (So far these have been the hardest to remember, since they don't make groupings and the parts don't easily relate to the meaning -- not to me, anyway.)

Here goes:
, as in 準備 (being ready).  Man at cliff 厂 ready to use 用 the grass 艹 to pull himself up.
is noise.
is end (表外漢字):  the time when horrible noisy monsters walk the earth.  So
 , boundary, is the ends of the earth, and
is a mirror, a metal-lined thing that you only see the front edge of and that ends my hope of being handsome.
, touch/contact:          The lady's 女 come in; stand up 立 so you can take her hand 手.
 , proportion/factor:   Looks like a half-thread is being squeezed till the water comes out between a lid and a platform, with a peg maybe to keep the thread tied.  Do this to find out the proportion of water that was a factor in the thread.
, law/constitution:     In a room 宀 there's a table ⺲ split 3 ways (for 2 sides plus a moderator), with a tally stick in the middle, because in their hearts 心 the sides want to fight.  And that's how laws are made.
, be informed:           Kids need to learn.  With lines so they can take notes, and a splash of water because otherwise they're saying, "I need to stop doing my homework.  I'm thirsty."
, population/masses: Assembled people 乑 (dude in the middle, someone leaning on his right arm, couple of kids hanging on the left) of a common blood 血 form a national population.  (Works better for a homogeneous nation like ancient China than a nation of immigrants like mine.  But these are pretty old characters.)
, endure:                   A knife in the heart is a lot to endure!
, believe/acknowledge/witness:   A belief is words that endure.
This is grueling.  More later.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment