Monday, June 12, 2017

KanjiMap

Kanji Map just came out.  It's a web site that lets you navigate from one kanji to the kanji/radicals it contains or is contained by.  Its creator posted about it on reddit.  



This is just what I needed.  Henshall is great on describing the kanji, but his ordering is by grade level, not by radical, and I find it way easier to learn groups of characters that share a radical.

Here, you pick the kanji you want, and you can trace back to its various radicals, and find out what other kanji have them.  Copy and paste them into Kanji Study (AndroidiOS)and you've got your set to learn for the day (or whatever your schedule is).

I had been thinking of doing this myself when I get my gift of copious free time, but now I don't have to.

I'm going to suggest to him making a way to select everything that uses a particular radical, so I don't have to cut-and-paste into Kanji Study one at a time, but... I'm already using this.  Radical of the day:  歹.


No comments:

Post a Comment